A detailed fridge cleaning can take a couple of hours, so you’ll need to set time aside to tackle the task.
Best Way to Clean our Refrigerator:
- Clear the items out of your fridge from the top shelf and set them on the counter as you clean.
- Remove the top shelf and wash it in your sink. Dishwashing liquid and warm water make an excellent refrigerator cleaning solution.
- Rinse the soapy water from your shelf and dry it thoroughly before replacing it in the fridge.
- Wipe down jars and bottles with a damp microfiber cloth before setting them back on their shelves. Tip: Check expiration dates as you go and toss out anything that’s past its prime.
- Repeat these first four steps for all of your shelves and for your crisper and deli bins.
- Use a microfiber cloth dipped in dish soap and water to wipe down the parts of your fridge that can’t be taken out for cleaning, such as the smaller shelves inside the door and the gasket.
- Tip: Don’t oversaturate your cloth or the soapy water will drip down the inside of the refrigerator.
- Take a fresh microfiber cloth that’s been dampened with dish soap and water and wipe down the refrigerator doors and handles.
Keeping Your Fridge Clean
As you may see, a detailed fridge cleaning is time consuming. That’s why most people only take on this chore a few times a year. However, you want to keep your refrigerator as pristine as possible year round. The following tips show you the best way to clean the refrigerator in between thorough scrubbings.
Take care of spills as soon as they happen.
- Check expiration dates weekly and throw out any food that’s gone bad.
- Empty out food storage containers filled with leftovers after three to four days.
- Wipe down handles — on both the doors and drawers — every day.
- Clean the outside once a week.
FreshClean Special Fridge Cleaning Offers
FreshClean is offering some deals for Clean Out Your Refrigerator. Contact us to see which promotions you can take advantage of.
There’s no doubt that cleaning your refrigerator takes some time on the front end. However, it’s well worth it when you have less mess to deal with after the last.